Click to win free Ipad

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Tips & Tricks....How To Fix Your iPod

As a first step to fixing your iPod, see the iPod 5Rs Troubleshooting Assistant.
Apple have some great articles - you might find your solution in this list:

If a sad iPod icon or an exclamation point and folder icon appears on your iPod's screen, or if you get a clicking sound or hard drive whirring, it is usually the sign of a hard drive problem and you have the power to do something about it now.
Your silver bullet of resolving your iPod issue is to restore your iPod to factory settings - see Restoring iPod to factory settings.
If you're having trouble, try these steps one at a time in order until the issue is resolved. These steps will often whip your iPod back into shape:
  • Try another cable and port on your computer.
  • Try these five steps (known as the "Five Rs") which should conquer most iPod issues: iPod 5Rs Troubleshooting Assistant This might be your best bet. Sometimes you have to try things several times.
  • Try to put the iPod into Disk Mode if it fails to appear on your Windows' My Computer window or your Mac's Desktop - see: Putting iPod into Disk Mode.
    This involves resetting your iPod by pressing and holding the Menu and Select buttons for at least 6 seconds until the Apple logo appears. When the Apple logo appears, release the Menu and Select buttons and immediately press and hold the Select and the Play/Pause buttons until the Disk Mode screen appears:


    With luck, your iPod should now appear on your Windows' My Computer window or your Mac's Desktop, and you should then be able to restore it with the iPod Software Updater.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good Day I Am So Happy I Found Your Website, I
Found You By Mistake, While I Was Searching On Aol For
Something Else, Anyhow I Am Here Now And Would Just Like To Say Many Thanks For
A Remarkable Post And An All Round Entertaining Blog
I Don’t Have Time To Read It, All At The Moment But I Have BookMarked It
And Also Added In Your RSS Feeds, So When I Have Time I Will Be Back To Read More,
Please Do Keep Up The Fantastic Job. You can also check; iTunes Could not Connect to the iTunes Store